Who we are
INCITE was founded in 1984 with the designation of Portuguese Association for the Development of Scientific and Technical Information (Associação Portuguesa para o Desenvolvimento da Informação Científica e Técnica).
After the recent revision of its statutes a new designation was adopted
Portuguese Association for the Information Management
Its specific objectives are:
- To promote principles, methodologies and tools relating to the Information Management;
- To foster the development and qualification of the professionals of the Information Management area;
- To contribute to the promotion of the principle on equal access to information and knowledge which is essential for the exercise of the citizenship in a democratic society.
How does it work?
- Developing excellence standards for the creation, management, exploitation and sharing of information and knowledge
- Organizing debates, meetings, seminars, lectures and other information and training means
- Contributing to the creation and development of a skills certification system
- Promoting and encouraging the right application and wide use of the Information and Communication Technologies
- Promoting the compliance with the Code of Ethics for the Information Professionals
- Cooperating with public, private, national, Community or international bodies, or other entities working in partnership, with a view to prepare measures towards the development of the Information Society
Whom is it addressed to?
- To the information and documentation professionals
- To the knowledge workers concerd with information and communication
- To the information industries concerned with the development of the information technologies and their use
- To the economics managers and political decision-makers